Thursday 31 May 2018

A Priceless Adventure

By Christiaan Haasbroek

If you unlock all the doors you can surely choose an adventure to suit you, and that is exactly what I did in 2015. I unlocked a door of endless possibilities when I applied for the Workaway International programme.


Now almost 3 years later, I returned to South Africa and I am now the Johannesburg recruiter for the 2018/19 season. It has been a wonderful experience meeting the potential recruits over the last two weeks. It is also always exciting when I see some familiar faces.

I have had a few recruits ask me how the programme was and what I enjoyed most about being in the USA. Honestly, the only word I can think of to describe my experience is ‘priceless’. I have been very fortunate to work 3 consecutive seasons at Admirals Cove Country Club. This journey has been a rollercoaster ride, where I have made life-long friends from all corners of the world; something I never thought was possible.



The opportunities are endless once you have arrived in the USA. I have always loved to travel, and my one goal was to see as much of the United States as I could - I went to New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Boston, Atlantic City, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Georgia, Los Angeles and these are just a few of the places I was able to experience.

I have had the most amazing time as a Manager in our Blü Restaurant at Admirals Cove, a country club with high standards and expectations that taught me so much about the hospitality industry. It has been a world class experience working here and I am looking forward to the 2018/19 season.



I hope that all new recruits and returners this season will find the adventure they are looking for, this is truly a priceless experience that will teach you self-control, discipline and independence, with irreplaceable memories and friends for a lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment