Thursday 10 May 2018

From Workaway Participant to Recruiter!


By Tara Clampett

Hi everyone!

As the Cape Town recruiter for the 2018/2019 season I am very excited to meet both the new and returning participants over the next few months! Over the past few weeks I have had a great time with my colleague Michelle, travelling around Cape Town while marketing the Workaway International program. We travelled from Kloof Street in the CBD to the beautiful Paarl and Stellenbosch to Strand. When we got to Strand I told Michelle I felt like we were in South Beach in Miami... the clear blue ocean, the white sand and the high-rise buildings.


I was fortunate enough to go on the Workaway program myself during 2016 and 2017 and although everyone says this, it truly was an experience that I will treasure for the rest of my life. The program not only offers the obvious rewards such as earning dollars, gaining international work experience and travel opportunities but it also allows you to really get to know yourself, grow, mature and learn life skills that you cannot be taught at school, university or college.

I went to the New York City alone and on my last morning the subway line that would take me to the airport had been closed for construction. I had a moment of thinking what on earth am I going to do, I am going to miss my flight! But then I decided to put my big girl pants on and I asked "my fellow New Yorkers" which other subway lines would get me to the airport and ran from one platform to the other and when I made it on time to the airport and was standing in the queue for security, this is the moment I realized how much I had matured and grown up.

With that being said; I am looking forward to seeing all the new faces at the upcoming presentations and getting you started on your journey to the USA and on your journey of self-discovery. Trust me, it is the experience of a lifetime!


On the job in the USA.


View of NYC from Central Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment