Friday 13 March 2020

Winding Down

By Tara Clampett

It is time to start finalizing our end of season plans. While many of us are excited about starting a new adventure up north, there are also those who really miss home and cannot wait to go back to their family and friends.

Throughout the season, we all go through highs and lows and my best advice is to keep yourself busy - and not only by working! As we have less than 3 months left before the season ends, it is the perfect time to plan a trip and take some time off. From trips to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, New York City to local adventures such as Miami Heat games or day trips to Miami Beach. There is an abundancy of things to do and believe me, before you know it the season will be over, and you do not want to regret not making time for yourself!


I have been extremely blessed over the past few months with family to coming to visit me in the USA for the first time!

It has always been a dream of mine for my mom to visit me in Florida and this season my dream came true. It was her first time travelling to the USA and she absolutely loved everything about my home away from home!

Seeing her enjoy all the little things that Florida has to offer, made me realize how lucky I am to be here. Often, we get so caught up in the day to day routine, we forget to take a step back and appreciate that we have this amazing opportunity to be working and living in the USA. I never thought the day would come that I would be walking down Ocean Drive and South Beach with my mom and I am forever grateful to everyone who helped make this happen!



My school friend whom I last saw in 2015, visited Miami. I met up with her for a weekend and we had an amazing catch up session over Cuban food and cocktails in Espanola Way. It was the perfect way to spend a Saturday and reminisce about life and reflect on how we have grown. She has also been working abroad for a few years on the Superyachts and although our ways of life are very different, we shared a common view that our experience of living abroad has changed us in ways that we never dreamt were possible.


So, here is to making the most of the next few months and enjoying the time we have with each other in sunny Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment