Wednesday 18 March 2020

Wanderlust

By Sonia Marques

Travelling across the world has definitely taught me a lot about life. Some lessons have been tough however, it has helped me grow as a person and will be carried with me for the rest of my life.


When I reminisce about my first season in 2016, I cannot believe how quickly time has gone. I have made so many amazing friends and memories through my travelling experience and simply by taking a step out of my comfort zone.

I will admit that there are many days where I feel homesick but having great friends and keeping myself busy really helps me get through it. It is important to remember that we have been given such an amazing opportunity to work and live abroad that we must make every moment count.

Today, I have the day off and myself and six friends decided to take a short drive to Key Biscayne. We spent the day on the beautiful island which ended with a spectacular sunset dinner overlooking the skyline. It is days like these that makes all the hard work worthwhile.


In life there are many choices to make with many different paths to take. Sometimes we are unsure of which one to follow however, the beauty of it all is that whichever path you choose, it will lead you to where you are supposed to be. So, you might as well enjoy the journey along the way!




“Travel is rich with learning opportunities and the ultimate souvenir is a broader perspective.” ~ Rick Steves

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment