Wednesday 4 March 2020

Make as many memories as you can

By Dylan Mavakla

As I sit here today, I cannot begin to put all my amazing experiences into words. Every day I have learnt something new. However, one thing is for sure, this was the best decision I could have ever made.



The Workaway International experience is definitely challenging and requires a lot of hard work, but that is what makes it all worth it. I like to be optimistic, so even though there were some frustrating and emotional days, I still managed to get through it and enjoy my time in the USA.


Everything that I have learnt so far, has taught me so much. From the training process, getting to see my family and spending Christmas with them. I also got to see world-class fireworks for the first time.  I loved being able to explore America and be a tourist. Everything still feels so unreal.


I live by this proverb: “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All play and no work makes Jake a mere toy”.  For me personally, finding that balance is extremely important. Putting in the hard work definitely pays off when I get to do some site seeing. The whole experience has been such a blessing.




No comments:

Post a Comment