Monday 2 March 2020

My Winter Season 2020

By Ernest Gaehler

I am mid-way through my second season at Boca West Country Club and my first season working as a Server. 


I was really excited to get back to the Boca West country club after being home for the summer. I was looking forward to seeing everyone I met during my previous season, the members and getting another opportunity to explore and have fun.

The 2019/20 season has been really great and educational. I have been working really hard and have not been exploring as much as I would like,  but this gave me the opportunity to get to know my house mates and colleagues a bit more. We have all grown really close and they have become my family away from home.

During my season I went go-karting, tried new restaurants and we recently started "Come Dine With Me" evenings which are a lot of fun.



I am really hoping to get a few days off in May to go and watch Metallica, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Offspring and attend the Burning Man Festival. I have also learnt that the best way to understand the American culture is to follow some of their best kept traditions, like football and ice hockey. Sport in American is really big and you can be sure that at least 9/10 Americans support 3 of their states' teams, so this is something I would also love to experience.




I am hoping things will work in my favour and I will be able to do all these amazing things on my bucket list.

3 more months to go until this season ends and then I will be going up north for a summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment