Sunday 8 March 2020

Beautiful days and magical nights

By Zander Fritz

The more time I spend in USA, the more I get to witness how beautiful Florida can be. Let me explain; Florida has a tropical climate, so that means a lot of heat, rain and humidity. Your day can start nice and sunny and in an hours’ time there will be a downpour of rain that will completely dry up before you leave for work. However, with this unpredictable weather comes some magical moments that you would normally only read about in books. Night times have the perfect weather balance, but it is not to be outdone by the spectacular sun and rain combination that the daytime has to offer.


I recently went on a quest to find the best ice cream in the USA. My first stop was to McDonalds. I ordered a McFlurry with triple extra Oreo and triple extra chocolate sauce. Yes, you read that correctly! In America it is possible to order extras for your McFlurry which could cost up to $5 but it is worth every cent.

Next on my list was to try Walmart’s ice cream. I bought 6 different flavour ice cream tubs.
Some people thought I was crazy, but this was an experiment, so I was okay with that. Unfortunately, after a week of eating a tub of ice cream a night, it is safe to say that I am completely useless at deciding what the best flavour is. Instead, I chose my favourite brand which is Häagen-Dazs. Their ice creams are pricy, but it cures any feeling of being home sick.



To combat all the ice cream that I have been eating, I have also done a good amount of running, and yes, the locals all stare at me because I am the only person running in the heat and humidity - but I guess I am a little crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment