Monday 30 March 2020

That escalated quickly

Dylan Mavakla 

Just last month I was living my best life. I had the privilege of visiting Disney World, a place I could only dream of seeing. At least I can tick that off my bucket list. I could go to the beach, chill alongside the pool, try out new restaurants with friends and enjoy my freedom.  


Then the COVID-19 epidemic struck. Just like that, everything changed. Pools, beaches, and restaurants all closed. However, the saddest part was saying goodbye to some of the most amazing people that I have met on this programme. I know it has only been five months but during this time, I’ve managed to form some great bonds. It all just happened way too soon.

Luckily, my Country club is still open. We are busy with a delivery operation and doing what we can to make it through this. Other Country clubs have unfortunately closed and had to let employees go. 

Before all this happened, I had gone for an interview for a Country club up north and I landed the job. I am so blessed that they still have a job for me. Other Country clubs up north had to closed and terminate contracts. 

I believe that everything happens for a reason and it will all get better. 

Stay safe out there. 

Instagram handle: @dylan_mavakla

No comments:

Post a Comment