Tuesday 14 June 2011

It all starts with a Connection…




Well here I am drinking a rich aroma, cuppa , Jacobs coffee………. Thinking back on the day I met Nigel at my first Workaway interviews. Knowing “I HAD A DREAM” to travel the world.


Watching all my friends travelling and enjoying the different cultures and experiences I just never could… So unlike my friends it took a lot longer to start my dream. But start it I did! ……. 2006 flying to Florida with Workaway to work at a golf club…little did I know, Soon to become my second home….. Season 1 done and off to Africa again to excited about seeing my family, 6 months felt like forever. But not back for 2 weeks and you realize you missing people and they not here……. So off to the next presentation.


Listening to Michelle give the presentation in 2007, I knew, yes that my next dream…… and working for Workaway became the beginning of it all…………


I returned after season 2 to work in Durban recruiting candidates and so moved on to Johannesburg…… where I got to pondering over how many great people I will get to meet and build friendships with over the next few month... Johannesburg’s first presentation done and interviews complete……enjoying the returners that pop in just to say hi and have a quick chat, one realizes that there is a bond between us and its Workaway………. Off to Durban I go to meet the surfer dudes and dudesses, once again not to be disappoint and all arrive on Zululand time sharp…..11:15. Getting the opportunity to be entertained by three returners that share their experiences and affordable ways of eating and it’s not at the $1 store, that all first years seem to learn the hard way…………yet another presentation down and super candidates met. I get to have a good cuppa coffee with good friends I have made over the past 5 seasons … knowing with laughter filling the air how blessed I was to have be granted the opportunity to meet such amazing friends while following my dream to travel……………….


Next stop Bloemfontein….


“Good friends, like good coffees, are not born they are made”



And in some way connected through Workaway …



Author: Lucille Earle

No comments:

Post a Comment