Monday 27 November 2017

Living Life through Workaway

By Vasti Fourie

My adventure began on the 12th of October 2017 when I landed in Fort Lauderdale. The nervous, exciting feeling kept me awake even though I was so tired after the long flight. From that moment, my life changed.  I've always had family, friends and loved ones surrounding me. In that moment I realized this is my time, from this day onward I have to look after myself, make my own decisions deal with situations. Since that day I have never doubt my decision. YES I miss home, my loved ones, my dogs, my life in SA but this "life schooling" is the best experience you'll get.


The best advice I can give is to GO AND EXPLORE as much as you can. I haven't even been here for 2 months and I already had the privilege to experience Miami, Key West,  the most beautiful beach - Hollywood, the best food etc. etc. etc. Next on my list is Orlando, then Disney World and end with a bang in the Bahamas.


I am fortunate enough to have met the most beautiful American friend who show's me all the ins and outs about Florida, in exchange for some Afrikaans tutoring.


Girls/ guys the people you meet on this trip will become your family. Appreciate them, respect them. I have met some amazing friends that have taught me so much about myself.  You will celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, perhaps your birthday with them. If you feel "homesick” just know that they're also going through the exact same feelings. Support each other. The housing is really exclusive and based in a central area where everything you'll need is, within walking distance from you.


If you have second thoughts about joining this program, please don't. Just go all in and do it!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment