Sunday 3 December 2017

Hans Christian Anderson once said, "To travel is to Live." I couldn't agree with this more.

By Mario de Carvalho

I have spent my first month here in the USA, and what an experience it has been so far. Since departing O.R Tambo in South Africa to catching connecting flights in J.F.K Airport in New York, to arriving in Fort Lauderdale. We were greeted by a friendly and enthusiastic Workaway representative who made sure we arrived at our apartments safely. Where I met my new housemates for this season. We have already had an awesome time together.


Within this short period of time I have made friendships that would last a lifetime, from various countries which include Romania, Ireland and America.


Working for a country club as prestige as Boca West has only been a true learning experience. From orientation day we were greeted with open arms, friendliness and excited up for this season. We were told about Boca West Country Club and how important every single staff member is to them. They informed us that as long as we give our best, they would too. Hard work was waiting upon me, but luckily as a Workaway representative I knew this already and ready for the challenge.



This amazing opportunity that Workaway International has provided me with has not only given me the chance to meet new people but also to explore and visit destinations I could only dream of. Miami South Beach was one of my favourites so far, spending the day relaxing on a world renowned beach with friends, what could be better?



I am grateful and thankful for Workaway, for helping me realize my wildest dreams. Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment