Wednesday 8 November 2017

Florida is a beautiful State...


  
By Arthur Petersen

I left South Africa just over 2 weeks ago and made my way to sunny Florida in the USA. Where I have made new friends along the way, reconnecting with old friends from home who also have been working with the program and making new friends from various countries such as Ireland, Portugal, Romania and of course our host America.


My flight was long from O.R. Tambo connecting to JFK International and then Fort Lauderdale, but it was probably one of the more memorable and enjoyable ones I've had in a long time. We were greeted warmly by our Workaway International hosts in the USA, who took us to our new homes for the next 6 months, which I must say I am impressed with. Our living quarters are spacious and comfortable and I have no complaints on this matter. My housemates are awesome people and we're already bonding well together as a unit I have no doubt we'll all have a great season for the next 6 months. 


Boca West Country Club Is So Amazing. On our first day of orientation we took a general tour of the Country Club and we were acquainted with all the heads of departments where everyone introduced themselves and told us a little more about the Country Club and where we would fit in the bigger picture. The next day, our 2 week training program began. This wasn't as easy as it seemed but I already knew this, as the training we were given by the restaurant managers is simply world class and could equate to studying in a hotel school. 



After many tests, quizzes and practical’s, we find ourselves working the floor in the number 1 Country Club in the State of Florida and the USA. I'm proud of how far I have come, I miss my family and friends back home, but my journey has only begun and I'm grateful for every day I get to spend on the other side of the world. I see room for growth and have re-imagined a future for myself that I wouldn't have seen before. So I'd like to say once more and probably won't stop saying thank you Workaway International for this life changing opportunity! Till next time, stay blessed, and wishing everyone back home peace love and happiness!



No comments:

Post a Comment