Monday 3 October 2011

I'm going back!

Hi my name is Michelle and I am an...

Just kidding, I am finally 21 and legal in the States this time around. My moto would be, work hard, party harder. I have green eyes and blah blah blah :)

I'm going "back", I'm going "back", tell the world I'm going "back"...

This is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the fact I'm ACTUALY going back to the states for another season. Why this song, and why change the lyrics? Well my friends I made last season will know exactly why... You see, it was our "going home" song (literally - it played b4 we left lol) last season, I couldn't wait to get home. Now I find myself desperately but patiently waiting to go back...

For those of you who are going for your first season you will come to understand what I mean. Yes it is hard and there are times you just want to quit, me, I cried for the first 3 months... :) but then you start to really enjoy yourself and before you know it, its time to be "going home".

Make the best out of your time there, enjoy every minute, make friends with everyone, because you never know what an impact someone may have on your life. I got a nickname while I was over my first season... "POLLY", yes polly the parrot because I had a blonde moment but besides that it was given to me by someone I was at first hesitant to become friends with, because he was a returner, and yes returners have RANK, lol. But besides that, we became friends and he gives the best advice ever, when you down in a rut, he will pull you out, when your head is getting to big, he would pop it, basically he would tell you how it is and now, being back home and back in the "real" world I have often used his advice, and it keeps me on track, and I know I can always pick up the phone and he will give a "daughter" ;) some advice.

I also got a "mommy" while I was there and even some "sisters" and very naughty "brothers", very weird and crazy people, but people I had a blast with, people that became my "american family", and when your sad or upset they are there for you, when you "frekkie" and lost, they laugh at you, tease you and record you :D, but they are always there for you.

So go out there, make the best of your adventure. As our very own famous KC would say... Live, Laugh, Love and never forget to just...

Author: Michelle Lowe

No comments:

Post a Comment