Friday 21 October 2011

Confessions of a wondering traveller!



Hey guys!

My name is Mike and I am many things. I am proud to say that one of those things is a writer. I love writing, and I love having people read what I write. I do believe, however, that your typical and common ways of getting your voice "out there" in the past, be it journalism, publishing your own books, or merely writing a poem, seem to becoming more of a minority in this ever changing world we live in, with blogging gaining much popularity, with it being one of the easiest forms of being heard. I personally think people are just getting lazier. Now you don't even have to leave your room, you can wake up, order groceries, see all your friends in a conference video chat, and read up on everyday news, all from the comfort of your own home. Which is great in its own unique way, but it just seems to be lacking that sense of exploration.

The focus of this blog will be my travels, experiences, hardships and just general good times that I have on my trip to the United States. I love meeting new people, travelling around the world, experiencing things which I probably didn't even comprehend existed until I actually had my eyes opened to them. Different cultures and societies intrigue me. I am imminently awaiting the go-ahead for an 6 month work trip, which will undoubtedly be amazing.It will be the first time I've visited the United States since I was a wee little boy, and now, doing it years later by myself, is really kind of exhilarating and nerve racking at the same time. Having recently gotten a call just this afternoon, I will be signing and submitting my forms this evening and hopefully sorting out all the payments for my interview which should be relatively soon. My pathologist, radiologist and GP appointments all went well - as expected, and were actually very easy, quick and smooth. Each day that passes by is a day closer to experiencing life and culture in Florida, and I cannot wait to meet everyone who I will be spending the next half a year with, at the BallenIsles Club. I'm sure it will be an experience and opportunity of a lifetime, much like any travelling is! Maybe if I'm lucky I will be able to attend another Film Festival, much like the one I attended in London last year during my travels (see picture!)

Anyway, I should probably get on with the process, I've been told everything happens very quickly here on in.
Good luck to everyone else during the interview process! Cheers!



Author: Michael Elliott

No comments:

Post a Comment