Wednesday 20 May 2020

Southwest Coast

By Connor Manthe

After travelling for a solid 24 hours, I finally arrived in Naples, Florida - fairly tired. Breathing in the hot humid air, I was ready to tackle another season and all the challenges that await. The excitement was unreal, it felt like my first season all over again. I met my new housemates and we got along instantly!  



It was a fast start to the season as we began working the following day. We received our uniforms and training commenced. I was situated at the fine dining restaurant and as a newbie to this type of service, it felt a bit intimidating. However, management was extremely encouraging, and they were great mentors. The items on the menu were unique. 


Unfortunately, my time in the US had come to an abrupt halt due to the COVID-19 epidemic. Everything stopped and safety measures were enforced. Overall, it was an incredible experience once again and I appreciate what Grey Oaks and Workaway International did for the participants on the programme. I await my return to the sunshine state of America.

This opportunity is a blessing, you will never know unless you try.





No comments:

Post a Comment