Tuesday 3 July 2018

The Countdown Begins

By Tara Clampett

With just over one month to go before the country club interview process begins, I am sure many applicants are feeling excited and anxious. I am quite nervous and excited myself - I have decided to return to Florida and have applied for this year’s recruitment season.

While I am thoroughly enjoying my job as a recruiter for Workaway International, I am always up for a new challenge and ready to step out of my comfort zone. I have discovered through the recruitment process, for many of you (including myself), the step you take when applying for the Workaway International programme is the first step out of your comfort zone.


Leaving behind friends, family and all things familiar may feel daunting at first, but once you have settled in to your job and surroundings in the USA, you will never look back! One thing I realised when looking back on my experiences within the Workaway programme, is how sheltered my experiences and worldview was before I went to the USA. 

I clearly remember standing at the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles, overlooking the entire city; a lump formed in my throat as I realised how much I have grown and how many of my goals I have achieved. At that moment I realised, my dreams had now become a reality… all thanks to Workaway International.




My advice for anyone sitting on the fence about applying for the programme, is to take that first step out of your comfort zone and start the journey of a lifetime…As the saying goes: “Great things never come from comfort zones”.


No comments:

Post a Comment