Friday 8 June 2018

Final Countdown

By Megan Volker

As the season comes to the end; I look back and reflect on the amazing experience I have had and the amazing people I have met.

Majority of my colleagues and friends have either left for the recruitment season in North Florida or are already back home in South Africa.


We have had many farewells. This was the hardest part of the season - saying goodbye to your friends and especially your housemates. We have all grown so close and become one big family. 

Memorial Day was my last day of work and I was so excited to end my time at the country club on a positive note. Memorial Day celebrations in the United States of America takes place in honour of women and men who have died in the military service and is usually a big affair. After all the excitement, I am looking forward to my flight back to South Africa!


The packing has begun, and I am waiting anxiously to get on a plane home. It is going to be a long journey home and I know I will be leaving the states feeling content with my life.

I can already feel that I am going to miss Florida and I am not even home yet! Luckily, I will be back in Florida in a few months’ time which gives me something to look forward to. Even better, I get to do it all over again!

It has been great blogging and sharing my experiences. Goodbye for now, until next season...


No comments:

Post a Comment