Monday 23 October 2017

Finally

By Damian Green

After months of waiting in anticipation, long-winded interviews and numerous visits to the Workaway International offices, it is finally time to depart to the USA!


I cannot believe I will be flying halfway across the globe to sunny Florida to work as a Server at the gorgeous Addison Reserve Country Club for the next six months. My family is visibly nervous by the thought of me leaving the nest to fend for myself in the USA.

To be honest, I am feeling quite intimidated and slightly scared of what the future holds. I do know, however, that with the help of my fellow Workaway recruits and the amazing staff at Workaway International, I will be very happy in my new home. 


I am leaving behind my family and friends who I will miss terribly. My sister says she will not miss me but I know for a fact that she is going to miss me the most. My first flight from Cape Town is looming. The day is growing closer.

It is definitely going to be an experience of a lifetime. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment