Monday 6 October 2014

Departure!

By Julie-Ann Blom

This will more than likely be my last blog post before I leave SA for sunny Florida to start my new Workaway journey!

I'd like to start off by thanking Workaway for the wonderful opportunity of working as the Johannesburg representative over the past season.  From the very beginning, this journey has been a wonderful adventure and I have enjoyed every minute of it, right until the very end.


The visa application process over the past few weeks means that the season has slowly come to an end.  Over the course of this process I have been meeting with all the successful recruits at JB's Corner in Sandton during the week so that I can prepare them for the questions that will be asked during their interviews. We've had a lot of first-timers with nervous faces, but luckily we've also had some returners going back on the programme, and they've been able to provide some much-needed advice and motivation.


At this stage, everyone who has had their visa appointments has been successful, which is truly a great result!  It has been wonderful to see the happiness and excitement on their faces - knowing that they are one step closer to the USA.  The only step left is to get on the plane and make it through the 17-hour flight.



I'd like to wish everybody good luck as they embark on their latest adventures in Florida.  Hopefully I'll see some of you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment