Sunday 5 February 2012

The thing about the weather in Florida!




The other day I woke up and it was over cast and cloudy. I was overjoyed that I got to spend 6 more hours in bed before I had to go to work.

Quick run to the shop, perhaps, for rainy day supplies then a ''How I Met Your Mother'' marathon before my late shift. Bundle up, scarf, beanie - the works - walk two steps out of my front door and BAM! Hit by this massive, humid wave.

I thought it was supposed to be cold? Wet? But alas, there have been a grand total of 6 or 7 cold days this winter. All of the others have been damp and humid.

The upside of course is that I never have to wear socks...I hate wearing socks...and that you can literally dance around in the rain or take a swim and you won't get sick.

This afternoon I walked out of my flat and again it was humid and overcast. But today there was something different, today it smelt like a dam!. The Vaal or Haartebeespoort, it was amazing. Reminded me of home and that its just past our half-way mark here in the States.

Its gone past in something of a blur. Presidents week is coming up, it's described as the madness of Christmas and New years all rolled into 1 week. I can't wait. We're hoping for a bit of sunshine to break through these clouds.

Even though the weather here doesn't seem to get the correct details on how its supposed to be on most days... Warm hot summer days, cold dry winterones, I don't think its time to leave just yet.
Author: Melissa Rauch

No comments:

Post a Comment