Tuesday 17 December 2019

Getting into my grove

By Zander Fritz

I’m officially at that point, I’ve got my work schedule and built my daily routine around it. Now I’m geared up to explore Florida. So far, I have had one outing to Miami Beach, which can only be described as a peaceful raging party. When you’re at the waters front its care calming and silent and the only sounds to hear are the waves breaking. But when you walk up to the main road you are greeted with a huge variety or restaurants, so bizarrely mixed and matched that I ate at a Cuban restaurant but could enjoy the party next door which was having a full drag queen show. But definitely my highlight of the evening is seeing the absolutely amazing structure of the “Hard Rock Hotel” that is shaped like a guitar.



Then just to make sure that we are never at low spirits Boca West had their annual staff Christmas party for all the staff, which honestly could not have been accomplished any better. From all the Food, Music, decoration to the joyful atmosphere, it was just perfect. But one thing I’m glad to announce our South African Malva pudding recipe is safe at home. No American will ever be able to recreate pure South African heritage and I look forward to eating proper South African Malva pudding when I get home. But they sadly do beat us when it comes to decorating, because even in the hot humid climate they managed not one but two Christmas themed ice sculptures.



Due to the department I work in I don’t get staff meals, but that has allowed me to be creative with my food. So, I’ve been thinking up recipes and bringing them to life on my off days to make sure I eat healthily and not just eat 2 minute noodles like so many people I know on the program. One thing is for sure I have made time to play with all the cats in my complex. They just sit with you and enjoy the heat of the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment