Friday 1 November 2019

My journey to the USA

By Dylan Mavakla

Have you ever felt that it is time for a certain chapter or phase in your life to end so that you can make room for a new opportunity? Well, that is exactly how I felt.


I needed something new, refreshing and challenging, and what could tick all those boxes than moving 12346km to a new country to start a new job, surrounded by unfamiliar faces for 8 months. Most people would look at something like this and run away from it, but not me. After hearing about the opportunities Workaway International offered, I had to take it with both hands.

Next thing I knew, I was at the Workaway International offices attending a presentation, then getting screened and scheduled for an interview. In the blink of an eye, my interview came, and I was ready to make this happen for myself. 

Can you guess what happened next? I received the call that I got the job and that I would be working at the 7th Platinum Country Club in America - Addison Reserve. There were a few seconds where my heart paused but then began racing with excitement for the new journey I was about to embark on. 


Soon it was time to pack my bags, say my goodbyes and spread my wings. 


Instagram handle: @dylan_mavakla

No comments:

Post a Comment