Tuesday 29 October 2019

The start of my new journey

By Zander Fritz

Hello everyone, I am Zander Fritz. I am excited to share my journey on the Workaway International programme. I will explain my feelings, experiences, day to day activities and any other thoughts that I feel are important for future participants.


I started my Workaway International journey earlier this year where I attended the Workaway International presentation. I heard about this presentation from a friend. This was an informative presentation that gave us a brief look into what our lives could be if our applications were successful.


After the presentation, we had a short screening with the Workaway International staff. This is important, as they get to meet us and gather information on potential participants to potentially recommend them for roles that would best suit them.


The recruiters then contacted us to arrange a more in-depth interview. Initially, I felt nervous and even considered dropping out, but I stuck with it and stayed determined. I went to all my interviews and did my best to show them why they should hire me. I made it through each stage, which included meeting the representatives from the country clubs.



In the end, I got a position at Boca West country club in the state of Florida as a clubhouse greeter in the golf department.


Now I must prepare to leave for America, which I will give more details of in my next post.

Stay tuned for the excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment