Friday 11 October 2019

My 4TH season on the Workaway International programme…


By Latella Smit

Coming home and seeing my family and friends again was worth it. Being away from home for a year and a half, you really do miss South Africa, especially the food. But, I have to admit, after a month of being home, I started to miss Florida again.



During my time on the Workaway International programme, I have made friends that have become my family and cannot wait to do another season with them. Florida feels like home now.


I cannot wait to return to Boca West Country Club for my 3rd season. Every season is different and this time I want to travel to places that I have not been to before.
During my previous seasons, I went to Universal Studios, Key West, Miami, Everglades, Naples, Marco Island, Jacksonville, New York, and Westchester.

There are so many things to do in each state. The USA is so big, and it is difficult to go everywhere but the Bahamas and Mexico are a MUST this season.




The time has finally arrived for packing and getting ready to fly back to the USA!



The flight is approximately 20 hours long and I recommend bringing things to keep you occupied. I always suggest keeping your electronics fully charged. Bring an adapter and a charger to use when you switch over at JFK airport. They have plugs and charging stations all over. If you do not bring an adapter, be prepared to pay more than $30 for one at the airport.

It gets cold on the plane, so it is a good idea to bring a light jacket and wear comfortable clothing. Even though they give you meals on the plane, I like to take lots of snacks as well. I also like to be comfortable, so I usually take a pillow.

Most importantly, do not forget to exchange some cash and take Dollars with you! During my first season, I had to pull 2 suitcases, my carry-on luggage, laptop bag and handbag with my pillow under my arm because I did not have the cash to hire a trolley. A trolley at the JFK airport is $1!

See you on the other side!

No comments:

Post a Comment