Thursday 5 September 2019

Work hard, play hard!

Sonia Marques

My holiday with my family in Portugal has been nothing short of AMAZING. Being away from home and family for 7 months at a time makes one realize how important and irreplaceable family is and therefore I cherish the quality time I have with my loved ones. However, just like everything else, this too must come to an end, but the memories will last forever. Hopefully, I will be able to save enough and return to Portugal next year.




Once I get home, there is no time to spare, as I will have to get ready to go back to the USA. If you are a new recruit there is no need to worry, as Workaway will host a pre-departure orientation, which explains the entire process. From your visa forms to housing options and some general tips. At the pre-departure orientation, you will also meet people from your city, who will be working with you at your country club. This is a great opportunity to make new friends and meet people who will potentially be travelling with you. 

Many country clubs undergo construction and renovation often during low season. Where I work, Addison Reserve Country Club has just finished building a brand-new lifestyle center and I have the privilege of assisting with opening a new restaurant in this beautiful facility. If you get the opportunity to be on the Workaway International programme, grab it with both hands! You gain so much knowledge about the industry and the international experience will look great on your CV too. 

I am very excited to see what my fourth season at Addison Reserve holds, as each season is unique in its own way and my role as a fourth-time returner will include more responsibility and opportunity for growth.


“Without change, there is no innovation, creativity, or incentive for improvement. Those who initiate change will have a better opportunity to manage the change that is inevitable.”
~ William Pollard

With Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment