Thursday 29 August 2019

My Experience with Workaway International

If you want a change of scenery, experience a new country and meet the most incredible people - then Workaway International is for you.


In October 2018, I embarked to the USA to work as a server at Gleneagles Country Club. I stayed in an apartment with four Irish girls who I quickly befriended. The rest of my fellow South Africans lived across the lake and there was always a great vibe there.


During my stay in Florida, I visited many well-known places. My favourites include:
South Beach Miami, where I got to enjoy the lifestyle as well as an exhilarating basketball game;

Peanut Island, where I got to snorkel with the fishes;
Disney World, where I got to experience the magic;
South Florida, where I learned to be brave on a roller coaster 




Working at the country clubs requires hard work but this program has changed my life for the better. It is all due to the kind, caring and loving people I met, who eventually became family.


I am so excited for the next season. Thank you Workaway International!

No comments:

Post a Comment