Wednesday 25 September 2019

My American Experience

By Nondumiso Sibanda

My American journey began at Quail Ridge Country Club in November 2018. I was nervous at first as I was in a foreign country away from my family and friends. 


However, when we arrived in the USA, we received such a warm welcome from the Workaway representatives, the country club management and staff. I had the best experience at Quail Ridge Country Club. I learnt a lot about different cuisines, and I met a lot of people from different cultures.


The club’s Christmas party is where I formed friendships with the locals and we even spent Christmas day with a few of them.

We were lucky enough for the country club to have organized an outing to Disney World. The trip was nothing short of amazing. The rides, the castle, the different parks, everything was breathtakingly beautiful. It was a day well spent!


My favourite trip was travelling to Key West. The views, the bars, the food, the shops, and the beach were sublime. Another highlight of my trip was being at the Conch Republic Southernmost Point Continental USA. The whole place is out of this world – I am definitely going back.


I was not going to leave before seeing the famous Miami beach everyone was raving about. The atmosphere and the beach were awesome – the cocktails were not bad either! I also got to see the Clevelander on Ocean Drive, the most hype place to be at apparently.

The season went by so quickly, but it was worth every minute. I came back home for personal reasons, however, I definitely cannot wait to go back for my second season.

My advice for new participants would be to be responsible, work hard, save as much as you can and of course travel and live your best life!


No comments:

Post a Comment