Thursday 9 May 2019

Onto the Next Chapter

By Tara Clampett

The end of season is upon us. Many members are leaving their Florida country clubs for their homes up North for the summer and many of us will follow suit soon enough! This is probably the most difficult time for many of us as goodbyes are never easy.

Looking back on the season and reflecting on all the new relationships, I am filled with gratitude. Leaving home for 8 months is not easy, we all have ups and downs, good days and bad and I am so grateful to all my friends who have been there through it all. I get a lump in my throat just thinking about leaving them.


On a lighter note, as the season comes to an end, we are making the most of the time we have left. Recently we took a girl’s trip to Miami for the weekend where we explored Wynwood Walls, Little Havana and South Beach. As we were lying on South Beach, I told my family back home that I still have to pinch myself to realize that this is real life! Another great experience recently was the Broadway show, Anastasia, at the Broward Center. The performers, music and set design were all incredible!


The end of a season also means a time to reflect on yourself, your growth and your goals over the past 8 months as well as time to set new goals for the summer. Personally, my top two goals for the summer season is to save as much money as possible and to plan a trip for my mom to come visit me in New York. I feel that I am so blessed to have traveled so far at a young age and would love to share the feeling and experience of New York City with my mother.


So, here is to being thankful and grateful for the memories and experiences from the past and being ready for the challenges and adventures that lie ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment