Thursday 30 May 2019

My first season in Florida

By Kimber-Lee Basson

Working abroad for the first time was a unique and wonderful experience. Being on the Workaway International programme enabled me to gain insights into a new country and exposed me to different cultures. I also met so many different people and got a fresh perspective on the world. This was truly an amazing opportunity that not many people will get to experience, and I am immensely grateful to Workaway International and the Polo Club!


My top highlights in Florida was definitely watching Trevor Noah live, a day trip visiting the Wynwood District and the beaches in Miami, the South Florida fair and then of course having the time of my life at Universal Studios in Orlando.





Being away from family and friends was challenging but as you start making new friends, you realise that you have the mental ability to overcome this.

If you are young, an extrovert and a hard worker, then seasonal work in the hospitality industry is for you! Not only do you get to add international experience to your resume, but you get to save money, as well as learn and grow.


Season one - you were great. I look forward to what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment