Friday 11 January 2019

Adventure is Out There…


By Sonia Marques

So, most people have the perception that America is full of opportunity and experiences and I’m here to tell you that this perception is accurate. In the 3 seasons that I have been on the Workaway program I have experienced things that I could have only dreamed about.

Florida, itself, provides so much adventure.

I would suggest taking a trip to see some of the most beautiful beaches that Florida has to offer, coast-to-coast: such as Fort Lauderdale, Miami South Beach, Naples and Fort Myers.



One of the most amazing experiences for me was jet skiing and parasailing along the Fort Myers coastline, seeing as though I’m usually very afraid of heights, this was one for the books!



If you’re not a fanatic of the sea, there is still plenty to do; you should take a look at the art district in Miami, Wynwood Walls, to see some of the most amazing graffiti and art.

If you’re more of an adrenaline junkie, you should definitely take a trip to Orlando and visit Disney World, Universal Studios and Bush Gardens, where you can ride some of the scariest rollercoasters you could ever imagine.


While you’re in Orlando how does canoeing in natural springs with alligators sound? Yes… you read this right, with alligators!


Key West was one of my favourite places to visit, where I got to see manatees for the first time and feed pelicans by hand. These are some of the clearest waters you will ever witness! After spending the day soaking up the sun, you could experience the nightlife in Key West, which is out of this world and if you didn’t feel like you were on holiday, you would now!


Last but definitely not least, you cannot travel to America and not visit the one and only Big Apple, New York! The first time I really felt like I was in America was when I stood in the middle of Times Square… what a feeling! Riding bicycles along central park, eating Pizza at midnight and let’s not forget M&M World! 


So…what are you waiting for? Adventure is out there!

“A mind that is stretched by new experiences can never go back to its old dimensions”
-          Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

With Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment