Monday 19 March 2018

Last year this time…

By Megan Volker

The Workaway International programme has been amazing so far. It has been filled with emotions, unforgettable memories and valuable experiences.


Around this time last year, I attended my first presentation with Workaway International. It was an informative day, learning about the programme and what it has to offer. 

We did screenings on the same day and I was invited back for an interview. The next few days were filled with suspense as I waited to hear if I had a country club interview. Not too long after that I was thrilled to have my interview with the Boca West Country Club.

It was a nerve wrecking day, waiting in the line for my interview with all the other the applicants and when it was finally time for my interview, it went better than expected. I felt so comfortable during the interview and really at ease once I had finished.

After a few days, I got a call saying that I had been accepted as a hostess at the Boca West Country Club. I was so excited but did not know what to expect. However, I can definitely say that this has been such an amazing experience so far.


The season is coming to an end and I have made the decision to return home to see my family and friends. I can definitely say Boca West is like a second home to me and I will be sad to leave. If I get the opportunity to return next season, I will definitely take it in a heartbeat.


I wish all the new applicants the best of luck during the upcoming recruitment season.

No comments:

Post a Comment