Thursday 25 January 2018

LIVING THE AMERICAN DREAM!!!

By Nasiphi Sobahle

What does “Living the American dream” even mean?

How does one even comprehend “The Dream”?

I believe Dreams differ from person to person, depending on what really drives, motivates and keeps them alive, contrary to how the oxford dictionary defines “Dreams” and the actual act of dreams, Dreams keep you awake at night, they somehow haunt you until you attend to them and the dream I am about to talk about is a dream that has been haunting me for the past 3.5 Years.


Fast forward… it was January 11 2018 when my New Year began, when I uttered the words “Happy New Year Nasiphi” and for the first time in a long time, I believed that things will only get better from here going forward in regards to keeping my eyes on the price and the end goal. I woke up that morning with so much joy, contentment and all emotions positive as I waited for my dear Friend Keagan Meth (Mirasol Country Club) who wanted to tag along with me and witness my “American Dream” come to life, a friend that supports me on days that I don’t even have faith in myself.

I mean, I was heading to Miami to meet ASHLEY HORNER!!!
You probably wondering who Ashley Horner is, please allow me to tell you a little about her. Ashley Horner is a Humanitarian, A philanthropist that stands for the broken, above everything else; Ashley Horner is a Fitness Celebrity that I have been looking up to since three and a half years ago when I first discovered her on social media.
Now this makes sense to those that personally know me and those that follow me on social media because my passion deeply lies in Humanitarian/Philanthropy work and Fitness, apart from the Hospitality Industry, so one can only imagine how much this meant to me.


I will not bore you with all the details but all in all, this was a beautiful day, It doesn’t happen often that one gets to hang out with their Icon, It doesn’t happen every day that we get to have substantial conversations with people of Ashely Horner’s Stature and the highlight of this day was having a workout session coached by her, this was the cream of the cup. 




Thank you Workaway International for the Golden Ticket to the USA.


No comments:

Post a Comment