Monday 8 January 2018

“Keys” to unlock the New Year, 2018

By Nasiphi Sobahle

Let me begin by wishing each and every one reading this a Happy and Healthy New Year, May you find what you are seeking, and to the Workaways of this winter season (2017/18), Do not forget the reason why you are here because I believe we are all working towards something great, It is time to hit “Refresh” as the new year opens its arms with another 365 days for us to embrace.


It was January 02 2018 at 5.40am when we boarded the bus to Key West, Key West is one of the most beautiful places in Florida, it is an island city in the United States of America and in all honesty, I wasn’t too thrilled when our Country Club (Hunters Run) announced that they will be taking the Workaways of the club to the Keys for the New Year. I mean, I have done this trip with my club before so what was going to be different? I then had to speak to myself and change the negative thinking, this was going to be a trip with different people so the experience was inevitably going to be different, I was also reminded of how bad Key West was hit by Hurricane Irma and I was interested in seeing how the island city looks like after the terrible natural disaster, I wanted to see how the Florida keys were coming back to life and to my surprise, there was so much recovery, it was impressive.



The plan was to “bring and braai” at the beach, a famous way of gathering in our country but the weather did not permit, Plan B had to come into play and we decided to Explore the Island City of Key West, We visited Aquariums, Art Galleries, Museums, Historic Homes and the highlight for me was parading the famous “Duval Street” that is known as Key West’s main tourist strip, with restaurants/Bars and shops designed to entertain tourists. The day could have not been spent any better. We braved the cold and enjoyed the field trip.





Once again, May you have a prosperous 2018! 



No comments:

Post a Comment