Monday 18 July 2016

"I've come to look for America" ... Again!

By Kelly Garcia

I’m singing the words of Simon and Garfunkel yet again as I make my way back to the U.S.


It was a long wait but the day has finally arrived! I'm heading back to Lake Shore Country Club and all it has to offer: a great working environment, awesome staff and let's not forget the private beach on Lake Michigan!


Taking a break to see my family and home was just what I needed to replenish my energy tanks before the new season. I’ve got myself ready for an awfully long flight but it will give me time to get pumped and ready for my cabana restaurant and all the shopping I’m planning to do this time round.

Strangely, I am almost as nervous as I was the first time I left but this time I know there are great friends waiting for me.

That has to be the best and worst part of the programme – meeting amazing people (for the most part) and never seeing them again. Even just crossing paths with certain people on this program has helped me grow in ways I didn't even realize at the time.


The ones I won't see again I'll always remember. And the ones I'll see on Friday... Well, I cannot contain my excitement! 



No comments:

Post a Comment