Tuesday 13 May 2014

Back at the start!

By Renee Van Der Watt-Stoeckel

Here we are again Workaway hopefuls. Recruitment season has begun! I have enjoyed reading up on 2013/14 participants' success and adventures in the USA. I have seen all your pictures from amazing places like New York, LA, the Florida Keys and more. It takes me back to my time on the program and the memories I made that will forever be with me. It has been an exciting time for me here in SA too. Since my last blog I have travelled to Denmark to represent South Africa at Hip Hop World Championships and in November I married the man of my dreams, who I actually met on the program! Wow six months can really fly.



Saturday saw the arrival of the first Cape Town presentation and our turnout was yet another record breaker! The Belmont was buzzing with season kickoff energy. It always stirs excitement hearing returners talk about their experiences. I can’t wait to get the interviews going and help set applicants' dreams in motion. If this weekend is anything to go by, we are going to have awesome newbies heading over to Florida in October. Johannesburg is up next on the 17th of May and I’m sure they will bring the same quality as last year. 


To everyone who follows our Workaway journey, thank you for your support. Let’s keep spreading the word and give more young South Africans an opportunity of a lifetime. I am proud to be part of this amazing team. The hard work is only beginning but it’s always worth it. Let’s make season 25 the best yet! 


No comments:

Post a Comment