Sunday 18 May 2014

Returning home from the USA!

By Julie-Ann Blom

Let me start off by saying that this is my very first blog post - I've never written one before in my entire life, so I promise that I'll try my best to let you in on a bit about myself as an intro!

My name is Julie-Ann Blom and I have been on The Workaway International programme for the past two and a half years.  I started off at Sailfish Point for three winter seasons, and also went up north for two seasons: one at the Country Club of Sapphire Valley, and the other at Philadelphia Country Club.


At the end of last season I decided to return home for the winter because I love this programme so much and would once again like to return to the US in October along with the new Workaway recruits.

My experience on this programme has been fantastic and I would not change anything about it! I have met lots of lovely people, made life-long friends on the programme, and have also discovered that I have a second family at Sailfish Point in Florida.


During my time in the US, I have had the opportunity to see so many wonderful things.  Words cannot describe the experience I have had, but all I can say is that this has been such a rewarding experience for me and I would recommend the programme to anyone wanting to travel and experience the world!


As I returned to South Africa, I joined the Workaway International family and I am proud to say that I am the new Johannesburg representative for the upcoming recruitment campaign!  I look very forward to going along on the journey with the new potential recruits for the upcoming winter season in Florida.


See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment