Monday 9 September 2013

Safaris for Africa

By Nivedna Sewchurran

It's amazing to think what a beautiful place we live in Africa / South Africa. To think that we don't get hurricanes, earthquakes ect, I would say we truly blessed, but other than natural disasters I'm proud to say that I'm from South Africa simply because of our wildlife.

Although when you do go on the Workaway program you going to have people ask you "Do you have lions in your back yard?" It makes you wanna laugh, but you have to understand that what people see on discovery channel is what they think South Africa is all about. That's when you get the chance to educate them just a little about our awesome wildlife.


I have had the great pleasure of going on a few Safaris and my word it was breath taking. To come close to lions and zebras grazing on the horizon truly took my breath away. Elephants crossing the path hoping that they don't turn around and charge the jeep, to giraffes reaching for the tips of the trees. It's like being in a totally different world.  All the animals so majestic in their natural habitat.



So if you get the chance to go on a safari just do it.... I mean we do live in South Africa were the animals run free!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment