Tuesday 2 November 2021


A life changing opportunity! – By Queen Maithufi

 

Workaway is such an amazing program. They help and guide you with everything.

 

I'm a girl from a small village and I was given an opportunity to travel and work in the United States, how amazing is that? It was even my first time on a plane! However I never felt lost because you get to meet all these wonderful new people and I now have friends from all over the world.

                                              

We got to stay in amazing apartments and I was honoured to be a part of the Boca West Country Club team in Florida where we received the world's best training. These were the best years of my entire life! I can now confidently say I am a fantastic server as I worked in amazing restaurants, managed to learn, explore and be the ‘Queen’ that I am today.

                                             

Part of my time on the program was spent exploring…in Florida, I visited Miami and Disneyland and explored some of the world's best beaches. New Mexico has beautiful mountains, surrounded by southern culture and native Indians, it's full of nature and great adventures. I even learned a bit of Spanish and experienced making some of their local dishes.

               

New York, however was the best experience ever! From the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, to Time Square and so much more!

This program has brought out the passion and love I have for hospitality, and I can now say I have international experience.

Lastly, with this program, I saved enough to finally manage to build my mom and myself a house and fully furnish it and that's just the icing on the cake!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment