Monday 20 January 2020

When strangers become family

By Dylan Mavakla

Arriving in Florida was defiantly an experience. Stepping out of the airport and having your breath taken away... because of how hot and humid it was and just to give some prospective I landed at around 10pm. Luckily on my ride to my new home I had my travel buddies with me, driving in this new town and not being able to see anything was pretty sad so I couldn’t wait for the sun to rise and to start experiencing Florida’s true beauty and palm trees.


Now I was under the impression I would have a roommate and house mates. But this wasn’t new to me since I spent two years in a residence at university, however I never had to share a room so this was going to be an experience. Then arriving to my house and finding out that I have a whole entire room to myself was, I’m not going to lie, music to my ears.

So imagine this your first day of orientation and you surrounded by 40 strangers and don’t realize that some of them will become your closest friends and even family. Soon that became true and I met people who I could see stay in my life for a long time.


The best feeling was once I truly opened my eyes and realized where I was... the land of opportunities and to be working at one of the most prestigious country clubs in the world and the amount of valuable information I’ve been granted, it overwhelmed me and gratitude became my most frequent feeling and emotion.


I just have a feeling this season is going to be a great one.

Instagram handle: @dylan_mavakla

No comments:

Post a Comment