Monday 18 March 2019

The Final Countdown

By Tara Clampett

As we near the end of the season, time always seems to speed up…I feel this happening every season! And while I am very excited to go up north, I also always want more time…more time with my friends and colleagues who may have started out as just acquaintances at the beginning of the season. However, I know that this is partly because I have found my comfort zone here and the anticipation of new housemates, roommates, colleagues, surroundings is always a little daunting at first. But we all know that change is good and it’s the only way we grow so bring on summer 2019 in New York!


I will be spending this upcoming summer at Glen Oaks Club in Old Westbury, which is about a 40 minute train ride from New York City and being a city girl at heart, I cannot wait to visit NYC again! I will never forget my first time visiting the city in 2017…As cliché as it sounds, New York stole my heart. The energy in the city is truly amazing.


One of the many advantages of choosing to go up north after your Florida season is the opportunity for travel. In comparison to the winter season where almost all clubs are located in Florida state, up north there are Clubs located across the United States…I have friends going to clubs from New Mexico on the West coast to Block Island all the way over on the furthest part of the East coast. As many clubs up North are often smaller than Florida clubs you may find that it is easier to request time off to travel as well. My advice, and this is speaking from experience, is to spend your hard earned dollars on travelling as much as you can and not on online shopping as much as you can! Memories will last forever, while the clothes and other random unnecessary items you bought online will most likely end up in the trash at the end of the season when you have no space in your suitcases…


So to those going up North, work hard and travel hard…these are the years and memories we will cherish forever!


No comments:

Post a Comment