Wednesday 19 December 2018

The Rollercoaster Ride

By Tanita dos Anjos

Today marks a month since I arrived in the sunshine state, Florida! Wow! What a month it has been! I feel like I’m on a rollercoaster ride filled with both highs and lows! After saying goodbye to loved ones, flying for almost 24 hours, going through passport control and collecting my bags I could finally say that my feet were on Florida soil and what a great feeling that was!



All the Workaway candidates grouped together and we all hopped onto a bus and after leaving the airport, majority of us were already in awe! We all knew we were very far from home and I don’t know if that scared me or excited me more.
We stopped to get some supplies to last us for the first few days of being here before we were dropped off at our different accommodations. Once we had met our housemates and unpacked our things, the settling-in began.


So many questions about so many different things were asked that night but the question that popped up most was; “What do you think working at Boca West Country Club will be like?”. I may not have been here the longest time but what I can honestly say so far is that it has been amazing! The people here are always so kind and helpful, I know this because I got lost about 7 times and each time there was somebody kind enough to show me where I went wrong and send me in the right direction. I also often had lots of questions about how to do things or where to find certain things and every single person I asked, smiled and helped me.

I think it’s safe for me to say I’m finally settled in and getting into a routine of how things work over here. However, it hasn’t been easy. I’ve been homesick, and I’ve doubted if I could really do this, but with the support I have back home and the support I’ve gained here from some pretty incredible people I’ve met I know this journey is going to continue to be a rollercoaster ride! One filled with many ups and many downs, but this ride only comes to an end in April 2019 so for now I’m going to buckle up, throw my hands in the air and simply enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment