Wednesday 27 September 2017

Ticket to anywhere

By Vasti Fourie

Thank you Workaway International for this amazing opportunity.  Thank you for my ticket to anywhere. Physically I did not receive a ticket to go anywhere in the world, but I have my foot in the door and the opportunity to turn all my dreams into a reality.


In just a few weeks’ I will begin this amazing new chapter. Yes, it will be very difficult to say goodbye to all my family and friends, but I know it will all be worth it.

Here are a few reasons why it is a good idea to travel abroad:

Working in a different environment, away from home will change you and help you grow.
The best way to learn is from your experiences. 
You get to learn and understand cultures other than your own. As your understanding of other cultures increases, your understanding of yourself and your own culture will increase exponentially.
You get to experience new places, so go out and explore on your off days.
You learn that communication is so important – especially when you are living abroad so talk to the locals and make new friends.


To my fellow Workaway International participants, while we are in the USA let us soak up all the life lessons, stay strong and always be positive.

Thank you Workaway International and the staff for your guidance and assistance throughout this process. You have given so many young adults a brighter future J.


No comments:

Post a Comment