By Megan Volker
In just a few weeks’ I will begin a new chapter abroad with Workaway International. I am super excited and grateful for such an amazing opportunity. Working and travelling abroad is one of the most important life experiences you can ever have – should you get the opportunity to do so.
It is vital that you remember a few key factors as you prepare for this journey ahead:
1. Remember to pack wisely as there are certain weight restrictions with luggage;
2. Do not let your nerves get the better of you. It is natural to feel scared or anxious before a long journey, especially when you have to leave your loved ones behind for the first time;
3. Seize every opportunity as it comes;
4. Remember to be yourself and make as many friends as you can. The friends you make will soon grow into family;
5. Treat others as you would want to be treated;
Work hard and remember to always make a great impression.