Tuesday 20 September 2016

The time is now!

By Nasiphi Sobahle

Standing outside the Hilton Hotel – Durban on September 10 2016 (Saturday) and observing the Durban candidates walk in, in their numbers, with huge smiles on their faces certainly warmed my heart. I must admit that this sight took me back to the first time I attended a Workaway orientation in 2012, not knowing what to expect but I knew it was all good stuff and the most amazing part was suddenly realizing that the process is almost over and I will soon be in the United States of America.


… And it suddenly dawned on me and the rest of those who were present at the orientation that “The Time Is Now.”

The time to:

·       Begin with the Medical Evaluation process

·                                             Complete visa application forms
·                                             Prepare ourselves for our visa interviews at the US Consulate
·                                             But most importantly to meet the deadlines given.



With all the waiting that everyone has gone through, especially the new recruits who had no idea how long the entire process will take, things are looking much brighter and everyone is definitely chuffed that they will be embarking on an exciting professional venture soon and with all this being said…I am reminded that a wise man once wrote:

“Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.”


No comments:

Post a Comment