Thursday 29 September 2016

Not long to go, jetsetters!

By Melissa Chauvet

As departure dates get closer, it is difficult to stay calm. I recall packing and unpacking my cases weeks before I was due to leave. While time may seem to drag, it is just a couple of weeks to go. You have been so patient, you can manage another fortnight.  In the meantime, start getting your things together.


Many of you will have received notifications of your Visa appointment at the US embassy. Remember to dress as if you were attending a formal interview, which this is.



Pre-departure orientation is complete and while many applicants will be excited to be on their way, I remember being very nervous the first time I had this opportunity. There was so much to think about. If you have a few “butterflies” I want to put your mind at ease: while you might be a bit nervous, the anticipation and excitement will mount. Personally, once I realised that I was not alone but travelling with many others, my nerves subsided. Yours will too.


I have received positive feedback from various applicants on how helpful and professional head office is. Without their long hours and hard work none of this would be possible. They really guide you every step of the way.


Good luck to you all! I am so excited for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment