Tuesday 1 December 2015

The visa appointment

By Megan Nevett

My name is Megan Nevett and I’m 22 years old. I just completed my studies in Travel and Tourism Management. I realized that travelling is my passion, so when I got accepted to work at Palm Beach Country Club, I was over the moon with excitement!

It feels like a life time to wait, as it is still months before I leave, until suddenly I wake up one day and I have less than a month before I go!

“VISA” I thought to myself. That is the next big thing I need to get done which really isn't as scary as people make it out to be. To be honest, you spend more time going through security than anything else. What people should however tell you is to relax and not to worry yourself into a panic… Oh, and make sure your Uber cab driver knows where he is going! I have learnt this the hard way!
  


I met with a Workaway team member at the Red Café before heading to my appointment at the consulate."Your visa will be ready for collection in five to seven working days." Three questions and a one minute interview later and that was one of the most expensive and important interviews I have ever been to. 



The good news however was that it's all over! Now there's nothing more to do other than pack my bags and make sure I make the most of my time left in stunning South Africa and prepare for the ride of a life time!

PS. The consulate really doesn't give change!

No comments:

Post a Comment