Sunday 16 March 2014

Day by day living

By Janine Dawson

A lot has happened since my last bog post – I celebrated my 21st birthday (which means I am finally legal in the US!), we went to Miami to enjoy some fun in the sun, and I found out that I was accepted for a job up North for the summer programme once the winter programme comes to an end, so everything is looking up and moving forward!


It is unbelievable how fast the time has gone since I started the Workaway journey.  It feels like just the other day I was getting ready to leave home!  In less than 2 months I’ll have to pack everything up and start a whole new adventure in Philadelphia.


Life in America thus far has been really amazing and everything here has been a new learning experience for everyone. I feel like I not only learnt more about myself, but also about other people and the way they view the world.


I read a quote the other day which I feel has plenty of relevance to my life at the moment:  "If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done." And this is exactly what I’ve done!  When you leave your comfort zone, you finally start living.


I look forward to updating you all before my journey up North begins. Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment