Tuesday 13 November 2018

The Workaway Recruitment Journey

By Nzuzo Mkhungo

My name is Nzuzo Mkhungo, I am 19 years of age and am heading for Florida for my participation in the programme for the first time. Excited but scared “scarecited”! The hospitality industry is my chosen home and the opportunity I am getting with Workaway is one that will shed light in that regard.


Well I was fortunate enough to be chosen to be a part of the programme. Admirals Cove is where I am going to shine and make the programme proud! It has not been an easy sailing but here we are……I wasn’t lucky enough to be chosen after the first interview I went to. I was a constant caller to the office, sent dozens of emails and it eventually paid off.

I will be flying for the first time, I will be out of KZN for the first time, and I will be out of South Africa for the first time all thanks to the women I cannot omit in this text. Charlotte, Michelle, Tahira, Lucy and Robyn thank you. You have given me an opportunity I never thought was possible. 


In a few weeks I will be saying “GOODBYE SOUTH AFRICA AND HELLO AMERICA!”. I cannot wait but I am so scared at the same time: I am telling you now, this is a choice I will not regret making. Do the same and trust me, the experience I’m about to share with you will become yours to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment