Thursday 11 October 2018

Pure Gratitude

By Christiaan Haasbroek

Time has flown by so quickly! I cannot believe that I will be applying for my visa again, to return to Admirals Cove Country Club for another season.


Since I landed in South Africa it has been an adventure.  I took a trip to Cape Town to meet up with all the ladies behind the scenes of Workaway International, South Africa, who works long hours every day of the week catering to all the participants needs.

As a participant and not an employee I would like to thank; Charlotte, Lucy, Michelle, Tahira, Tara, Robyn and Amber for the amazing work that they do. They are truly making dreams come true by making sure that every candidate is taken care of.


No one really realises the amount of work that goes into each candidate, from each region. Participants always feel that once they start the process things do not happen as quickly as they would like, and then suddenly you get that call and everything is happening all at once. It can be a bit overwhelming and stressful, but trust me, once you arrive at the country club all the stress, anger and tears will be completely worth it.


Over the past 5 months I have met some amazing people that will be joining us on the Workaway International programme. I have to say that I am thoroughly excited to work with the new candidates. The other recruiters and I have come to learn who you are, and we truly look forward to joining everyone at the country clubs. If we do not work together we might end up seeing you around Florida at the local supermarket or mall, maybe even at the beach 😉.


It has been an honour to work for Workaway International these past 5 months and a real challenge. I wish you all the best for the next few weeks: with visa appointments coming up, packing and getting ready to head out on a brand-new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment