Tuesday 4 September 2018

My tips on saving abroad

By Robyn May

We are drawing closer to the end of the recruitment process and I am getting more excited about going back to Florida for my fourth season.


As much as this is an exciting adventure and journey for my career; my goal this season is to SAVE MONEY! Here are some tips I can give you, from my own experience, which might help you as well 😊.

SAVINGS ACCOUNT: Speak to a consultant at the bank and ask if they can open an account linked to your Cheque account, where you can transfer cash that can only be withdrawn at a certain date. If you can save $20-$50 every time you get paid, you can go on that holiday you have been planning in your head from the time the season began.



SALES: We all love clothes and shoes (especially the ladies) but they can become expensive. Shop in the sales department. Trust me there are so many items you can find on these racks. What may have been $20 can be marked down to just $5. Places like Forever 21 and H&M are where you can find these deals. Happy shopping!

HAPPY HOUR: What I have discovered, while being in Florida, is that there are so many restaurants that have happy hour. From sushi, to tacos and even three-course meals… keep an eye out for these deals. Usually when going out with a group of friends, we order 4 to 5 items which we all enjoy, and of course we split the bill at the end of the night.


DISCOUNTED DEALS: There are so many attractions to see in Florida and they come at a price. There is a way to still see all these attractions without hurting your pocket: Groupon! It is an app you can go onto and purchase deals at a lower price. You can purchase anything from an Air Boat Ride, to a Ski-diving experience and holiday destinations. Give it a try!

I hope these tips can help you once you are in the United States of America... Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment